As you can tell, the holiday spirit has already caught up with me! Between business, family fun and organizing an event I am strapped to the max time wise.
I am super excited this year! I suggested to my extended family that we give moneyÂ to someone (or an organization) in need instead of playing “Secret Santa” and drawing names. Frankly, I’m just “blah” lately about buying gifts. Coming from a family of collectors you can imagine what I mean. None of us really need any more “things”. We have what we need and then some. Sometimes we think we “need” that bigger TV or fancier car, but some people need food. Donations to a health organization can help save lives.
What’s more important? The TV or someones life?
I actually wrote a post on my mom blog about ways to bless others this holiday season. Check it out…I think you may find a few interesting tid bits there
Don’t have much cash to spare?
- How about donating some canned goods to your local food pantry? You never know what neighbor may be in need.
- Offer babysitting services (cheap or free) so parents can go Christmas shopping without the kids in tow.
- Serve a meal at your local homeless shelter or soup kitchen
- Adopt a family or child in need- check with the Salvation Army and similar organizations within your area.
- Offer to help at your church holiday party
What are some ideas you have to help others this holiday season?
P.S.Â No one said you can’t wear your business T-shirt or carry business cards with you when you are helping out!
Get 150 FREE bids to play the Penny Auctions and bid to win name brand items at up to 90% off!