It’s hard to believe it’s January here in my corner of the world. ¬†Instead of several feet of snow, we’ve seen inches. The temperatures hover upwards of 50 degrees on some days. Everything is off kilter around here…the weather, the animals, my household.
Life has been anything but boring.¬† I got married¬†the week before Christmas (check out my FB for photo’s) , managed to get through Christmas and the New Year unscathed and then this….
Believe it or not, we have had 5 extra people move into our household¬†in the past month- my son from out of state and my stepson and his family.¬† Might I say it is quite…well to put it bluntly…distracting.
Even with all of these adults around there is still some confusion as to who’s turn it is to do the dishes or anything else that sounds like labor.¬† Who tends to the kids? ¬†Do these “Big Kids”¬†never grow up?
Between screaming kids¬†and driving people around (one doesn’t have a liscense right now) I have very little time nor concentration available to do much on the Internet at the moment.
Or perhaps it’s Adult ADD….
The only thing to do¬†was to choose my priorities and¬†at least concentrate on¬†them.
I took a close look at where I make my money and spend my time. ¬†I felt that I needed to at least do my one ad a day for Zeekrewards. ¬†It takes 5 minutes and I make money.¬† I know I’ve done something positive and rewarding, even if it’s the only thing¬†I did that day.
I have tried to keep up at least¬†one of my blogs. I may have only posted once a week, but I checked in !
I try to remember to schedule some tweets on Twitter and keep up with The Blogging Buddies site.
Side Note: Blogging Buddies, please forgive me for being a day or so late with the weeks featured members. I swear it’s crazy here!
Surprisingly, I’ve been on Facebook more than ever.
Below are other things you can do to keep yourself¬† “in the game” that don’t require a ton of time.
Other positive activities that don’t take much time
- Put flyers up on bulletin boards found in stores, laundermats, diners and such. You see them everywhere while out doing errands.
- Hand out business cards to everyone you meet
- Schedule a few tweets to go out daily…there are many free websites out there that offer that service. I often use Laterbro.com
- Be sure you keep in contact with (at least) the key players in your business or on your team- you don’t want to lose what business you do have!
- Try to listen in on team trainings, even if you download them and listen on an mp3 while driving
What are some things you do to keep your blog +/or business going when times get tough?